Friday, June 17, 2011

Charlie's Drinking Buddy

Charlie shows up one night
When I'm drunk
Already drunk
'Cause it's a--

I don't know
It was a Friday
It was a Thursday
Who the fuck nows?

The point is, it was late

It was late and he shows up

And I've had a long day
Bad day
Long day

And he shows up

Says he can't drink with me no more

Says he's drying out

'Fuck you,' I say

It's a Friday
It's a Thursday

He's gonna quit drinking on a Friday?
On a Thursday?
Fuck that

I had a bad day
What about me?

What about my bad day?

He had a good day
So he's drying out
And I had a bad day
So I'm fucked

Real good friend there, huh?

Real good friend

'Fine,' I tell him, 'Fuck you then.  But don't come back when you've had a bad day.  When it's your bad day I don't want to hear it, Charlie.  'Cause we all have bad days.  You don't take off just 'cause you had a good one for once.'

He didn't like that
But I didn't fucking care

Who cares what he likes
If he's fucking leaving

You wanna hear a sad story about Charlie?

There's your sad fucking story

Left his best friend
Sitting on a barstool
Saying he couldn't be around anymore
Because he had a good day

What about my bad days, huh?

Did he care about my bad days?

I was supposed to be his friend
His fucking friend

And he left
He walked out

Had to save himself

You think that's admirable?
You think that's necessary?

I say it's shit

That's what it is

I say what's a friend if you save yourself?

What good is a friend then, huh?

I had a bad day that day
And he left
He left me

Sitting on that barstool

So now he's dead

Do you know when I died?
Do you?

Yeah, neither do I

Far as I know I could still be alive

Who can tell the fucking difference anymore?

No comments:

Post a Comment