Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Balm in Gilead

They say he used to be good
Before the drugs

Yeah, well
What was I good in?

Balm in Gilead?

Couldn’t be sober for that shit
Could you?

Cute little boy
I remember

That was like a nickname
Cute little boy

And when you stopped being cute
They didn’t give a fuck
Did they?

Not a fuck to be had

2005—The Blurry Year

When I got stoned
On magic markers
And matchsticks
And fucking cow dung
Because the shit
Was all I could afford

So what do you want to know?

My two cents?

About the acting company?

They liked me because I was raw
Because I was young
Because I fucked anything
They wanted me to fuck
And snorted anything they wanted me to snort

Shot up
Cursed
Told lies

And still looked cute
When it was all done

Tennessee tried to straighten me out
Once he’d used up my potential

But it was too late

I drifted, you know?

I fucked drifted off

Am I dead?

I don’t know

Am I?

Do I look dead?

Do I look dead to you?

Clap for me, baby

Clap like I’m a fairy

Like I’m Tinkerbell

See if that brings me
Back to life

No comments:

Post a Comment