Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Children's Hour

Did I say she was on drugs?
Yes, I said she was on drugs

She was on drugs
I don't really see
What the question is here
I guess that's the problem
I really just don't understand
What it is
People have been asking me
All these years

Did I say she was on drugs?

Well, yes, I did

And fuck you by the way
Fuck you for bringing up
An issue
That's been dead
For--what?

1999, so--thirteen? fourteen years?

Fuck, what year is it?
I don't even know

We were doing The Children's Hour
And she was in over her head
The other actress
The one playing, ugh
The one playing the one who killed herself
The one I should have been playing
Instead of being wasted
In that godawful--Yes, I know some people like that role
Audrey Hepburn played it
Whatever
I fucking hated that part
And she got the fucking suicide role
Which is golden
Which everybody knows

And she
Was on
Drugs

Plain and simple

So did I say that?

Did I tell someone about that?

Yes

Yes, I did

It was compromising the show

I don't have to explain myself to you

Fuck you, people

Were you there?

Were
You
There?

No

You probably saw the show though

You probably saw it and liked it
And liked me in it
Because I was good

I was fucking good

Humility be damned
I was good

And she fucking disappeared into the night
Like any other coked out mess

So what's the problem, huh?

Can somebody tell me
What the problem is?

Back then, we didn't worry about being friends
We worried about the show

Just the show

And, you know what, I'll say it
With all due respect
To the current members of the acting company
Their
Shows
Suck

But I bet they all get along
Just fine

Well good for them
But we cared more than that

We put it all on the line

So yes, I turned her in
And it's a dead issue
And hell, she probably is too
And no, I didn't come here
To apologize

I came to say that...

That it really was fun

It really was
A lot of fun
But, uh...

Well

I guess you just had to be there

No comments:

Post a Comment