Monday, September 19, 2011

And I Hang From Every Word You Say

I get so lonely
Waiting for you to feed me lines
Here in America
It's giants and apple pie
And they ask if we're together
And I swear I don't know why
But I watch you
Watch me
Watch you answer while you watch me
And I hang from every word you say

The beauty sits there
Like a Sunday in the tub
We had out freedom flyers
To handcuffed rubber ducks
You ask if I care
And I say I don't give a--

Oh, but what of it?
What does it matter?
I'm hanging, I'm hanging around

When it gets dark out
I feel like dancing
Except it's sunny all the time

So I break rules
And feel cool
Knowing that you're disapproving
Proving me
Right

I have suspicions
And thumbtacks
And delays

You think all I care about
Is love
And
Getting laid

I don't get paid
To be your number one fan

It's too expensive
Being a good man

You say you're trying
But I just can't understand
Why I'm still standing here
And hanging on every word you say

If I get lucky
You'll get stuck to me
Like it or not

But I'm not lucky
So you can leave me
Empty me out
Then let's see what I got

There's nothing to grab for
Nothing to keep me up

And I'm so tired
I can't sleep
At least, not enough

I'm sick of hearing you
And yet, here's what's so tough

I keep dangling
I keep waiting
I keep hoping

I keep hanging
From every word
You say

No comments:

Post a Comment