Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Vamping

Isn't she supposed to be out by now?

Lindy, isn't she supposed to be--

Well, what should I--?

Okay, okay, I'll vamp

Relax, I'll vamp, it's fine.

. . . . .

Is she okay?

Her water broke?

She was pregnant?

I didn't know she was pregnant.

Did you know she was pregnant?

Did SHE know she was pregnant?

Well, what am I supposed to--?

I can't keep vamping.

Lindy, they do NOT think this part of the show

What show has two minutes go by
Where nothing happens onstage
And the same three measures
Play over and over again?

Okay, okay
I'll keep vamping

. . . . .

Doesn't she have an understudy?

What do you mean YOU'RE her understudy?

Well, what are you doing talking to me then?

Get onstage!

What's that book in your hand?

The script?

Are you learning lines?

Are you leaning lines NOW?

Just bring the script onstage with you!

So what?  Pretend that the Unsinkable Molly Brown is learning to read!

Lindy, I cannot keep vamping
Now get up there!

WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU HAVE STAGEFRIGHT?

Then why are you the understudy?!?!?

You know, I have to say, Molly Brown is looking pretty damn sinkable right about now.

No, I cannot vamp until you learn the lines

Play something else?

With nobody singing?

What do you want to hear?  Rhapsody in Blue?

Just bring down the curtain!

I don't care if we have to give refunds
I can't keep vamping like this forever, Lindy
Eventually my hands will fall off!

Fine, then put a wig on Zach
And shove him onstage!

I don't care!

What?

False alarm?

She's not having the baby?
She's not pregnant?
Or you're going to go onstage and sick your heart out
And we're only going to have to give them
Half a refund?

The first one?

Great

Just give me a minute

I need to remember where we are

No comments:

Post a Comment