Thursday, September 22, 2011

It's Because You're Famous

Why do I want to sleep with you?

Isn’t it obvious?

It’s because you’re famous

Is that too direct?

Am I being too direct?

I could lie

I could say that after years of quietly loathing you
From across one of the three bars in town
That I suddenly developed
An immense attraction to you
But the truth is
It’s because you’re famous

Kind of

Sort of

Quasi-famous

I mean, you’ve been on that show ‘Nasty Boys’ for like, a year now, and it’s, like, probably not getting cancelled for at least another year, so it’s not like you’re only going to be famous for a little while, so I kind of have to acknowledge that you’ve moved up the social ladder and now, given the opportunity, I pretty much have to sleep with you.

It’s like, the way of the world

That episode where the other Nasty Boys had to explain addition to you
And you were like—

‘All I know is two plus two equals I’m the man!’

--That was so hot

I mean, I totally made fun of you
And was, like
This show is the downfall of civilization
But secretly
I yearned

And now here we are

And there’s an arrangement here:

You’re famous
So now people want to sleep with you
Who didn’t want to sleep with you before

Who, if you never became famous
Would never in a million years
Have even considered talking to you
Let alone engaging you in sexual activity

These people will then get to feel a small boost of self-esteem
Because they’ve had sex
With a piece
Of living pop culture

Having sex with you
Is like having sex with the first pet rock
Or Rubik’s cube

With, like, Count Chocula
Or Andy Warhol
Or Scooter from the Muppets
Who actually is sort of hot
If you really think about it

Meanwhile, you’ll get to hook up
With totally hot people
And know that you now have the power
To transcend the league you’re in
Based on physical appearance
Because of your status

And rather than make you feel sad
This will make you feel elated

See?

Everybody wins

Now, should I take my pants off
Or would you like me to do degrading things first?
Because I totally will

I just have to update my Facebook status first
To let everybody know we’re sleeping together

Otherwise, like—

What’s the point?

No comments:

Post a Comment