Saturday, September 10, 2011

Benny Negotiates with the Burglar

Okay, so I’m thinking you can probably take the tv
I mean, the picture on it has just gotten worse and worse

I’ve been meaning to get a flat screen
Because my buddies come over sometimes
And it’s embarrassing to have five guys
Sitting around
Watching a twenty-four inch screen
You know what I’m saying?

We might as well be sitting around the radio
Knitting sweaters for the boys overseas

Hahaha, so yeah, take the tv
You know, you’d actually be doing me a favor
Because I think it’s insured
I mean, I’m guessing the tv’s insured

I mean, I have homeowner’s insurance
And one of the things it covers is a robbery
But I know they said it doesn’t cover everything
But it has to cover the television
Because what good is it if it doesn’t cover the television
You get what I’m saying?

I mean, what else are you going to steal?
The sink?

Huh?

You WANT the sink?

What the hell are you going to do with a sink?

I mean, I’m not saying you can’t have it
I just don’t see what you’re going to do with it

Are sinks valuable these days?

I mean, that one came with the house
So I’ve never had to actually buy one

Are they getting pricey?

Jesus, the way the world is today
A guy has to rob a house
To get himself a sink

Tell you what, buddy
You take the sink
You take the strainer
Take the dish towels

I got another sink upstairs in the bathroom I can use
What do I need two sinks for?

No man should have to live without a sink
We’re not animals
This isn’t the Renaissance
When a guy had to wash his dishes in the river
Before the dinosaurs showed up

I feel bad that you’ve been driven to do this, my friend
Stealing sinks like that guy from Less Miserable

My wife’s into all that fancy film shit
So we had to sit through the movie

I’d have rather sat through
The actual Revolution

Anyway, in the movie
The lead guy stole some bread
And they made him break rocks
For thirty years or something

Yeah, that’s the fucking French for you

Last time I checked this house you’re robbing is in America
And we don’t let people go without here
So you take that sink

Take some of the dishes too

It was my turn to wash ‘em tonight
So you can take whichever ones you want
As long as they’re dirty

Saves me a hassle

Hey listen, you want a couch?

My mother-in-law gave us that couch
And every time I see it
I regret not marrying an orphan

You sit on the damn thing
It’s like you’re trying to relax
On the back of a camel

I was going to donate it to the government
In case they needed something to torture P.O.W.’s with
But my wife says every time she sees it
It reminds her what an angel her mother was

I said ‘Yeah, and every time I sit on it
It reminds me what a pain in my ass she was’

Then I end up sleeping on the damn thing for two nights
Ain’t that a fucking hoot?

Still, if you need a couch
Or you’re looking for something to sell
To some poor schmuck who doesn’t know any better
I think you could get some cash for it

At least enough to buy some drugs
Maybe not the fancy kind of drugs
That you order online

But the ones that get you by
Until you can afford the good stuff

I can even help you carry it out if you want

You will?

Aw, that’s great

I’ll even throw in that picture
On the mantle

Well, you can take the photo of my mother-in-law out
And just use the frame

If you need anything else, just come back next week
We’re going away for a few days
But we leave a key in a fake rock
By the back door

Just let yourself in
But wipe your feet first

My wife’ll holler
And who wants to hear her
You know what I mean?

Aw, don’t mention it

Hey, do me a favor though

Punch me in the arms a couple of times
And break a few glasses

I want it to look like I put up a fight

Nah, don’t worry about hurting me

If my wife comes downstairs and sees that couch gone
And me with no bruises
She’s going to do a lot worse than you

Trust me

No comments:

Post a Comment