Thursday, September 15, 2011

Is This Your Card?

Is this your card?

Oh...

Are you sure?

Well, uh, okay

What was your card?

The Queen of Clubs?

Oh, well--

I mean--

I mean, have you ever really looked
At the Queen of Clubs
It looks like so many
Of the other cards
It'd be easy
To get them confused

I mean, think of all the cards
That look just like the Queen of Clubs

The three of clubs
The four of clubs
The five of--

Pretty much all the clubs

And, you know, the Queen of Clubs
Is the same color
As the Queen of Spades
And really, all the spades

So that's twenty-five other cards
That can look just like the Queen of Clubs

That's not including
The two other Queens
And, really, the other face cards
Because, really, how different do the Jacks
And the Queens look?
And the Kings for that matter?

And I think maybe I might have left
The Jokers in by accident

So you see, I could have gotten your card right
And you just misread your card

Don't worry about it

These things happen

Nobody said magic was easy

No comments:

Post a Comment