Thursday, September 22, 2011

Insurance

Mr. and Mrs. Broaderson
I’m looking at your insurance package right now
And frankly, I’m a little concerned

I see you have home insurance
Car insurance, life insurance
Insurance for natural disasters
Fires, tornadoes, hurricanes
Snowstorms, hail storms
And typhoons

I also see that you’ve insured
Your television, your pool
And Mrs. Broaderson’s jewelry

I’m sure all this makes you feel very secure
But I’m afraid I can see a gaping hole
That perhaps you’ve overlooked

Leprechauns, Mr. and Mrs. Broaderson
Leprechauns

Oh, I know what you’re thinking

They’re little
They’re green
They’re probably imaginary

But does that mean they’re harmless?

I’m afraid not

Studies show that over sixty percent
Of the things Americans fear the most
Are make-believe

Do you have any idea how much unicorn insurance
Gets sold every year?

Of course, that’s nothing but a scam
But leprechauns?

They’re the real deal

Now, I can’t prove they exist
Beyond a reasonable doubt

But luckily enough
We live in America

I don’t need to prove anything beyond a reasonable doubt
I just need to prove that there’s a preponderance of the evidence
That something exists or is true

And I can safely safe
That leprechauns
Probably
Could have
Maybe
Existed
At one point
Or another
Sometime
Maybe

And that means you need to think about how you’re going to protect your gold

Or the gold you may have
At some point in the future

You can’t wait until you actually have something
Before you insure it!

I told you that when I sold you
Helicopter insurance

And now, when you buy a helicopter
You’re instantly covered
And don’t you feel good about that?

I know I do

And I’d sleep much easier
Knowing that little green men
Won’t be crawling in through your window
To go rummaging around your house
Looking for treasure

Just last week, my mother-in-law
Said she was accosted by a leprechaun
On the street

So, as soon as we got her insured
We committed her

Not because I think she’s crazy
I just don’t like her very much

It’s very possible she was, in fact
Attacked by a leprechaun
Or her neighbor
Who’s rather short
And has a bad temper

Anyway!

Back to you two

I’ve put together a package
That I think is both affordable
And comprehensive

And!

If you happen to run over in a centaur
In an army tank
While delivering a pizza

You’re fully covered

See?

Don’t you feel better already?

I know I do

No comments:

Post a Comment