Saturday, September 17, 2011

You Must Be The Wolf


Close the door, would you?

It’s all right

You can close it

Wouldn’t want some pesky woodsman coming in
And interrupting the evening’s events
Would we?

Go ahead
Close it

Excellent

Would you like something to drink?

I have cider
Grog
And some cocoa my grandmother made for me
Right before she—

Well

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves
Shall we?

Why don’t you have a seat?

You’re not in any rush, are you?

Oh, I’m sure you’re probably a bit hungry
But we can take care of that

I have some bacon there for you on the table

You can help yourself

The bacon’s fresh

I just slaughtered the pigs this morning

The first one I caught
By setting the house on fire

As soon as the straw started smoking
He ran right outside
And into my arms

…And my axe

The second one had a fire extinguisher
So I used tear gas
And that did the trick

He went wee wee wee
All the way into the frying pan

The last one required a little acting on my part

I put on my shortest red skirt
And my prettiest red cloak
And the red lipstick
That I bought from Lucy
The village milkmaid
And a little plastic pig snout
I bought at Ye Old Costume Shop

I knocked on the door
And I pouted my lips
And I asked if I could—

Pweez Pweez Pweez come inside
I’m afwaid the Biggg Baaad Wolf
Is going to eat me up…

Worked like a charm

He may have been a pig
But he was also a man
And to me
It’s one and the same

I know what men respond to

Sex
Food
And money

And I’m about to offer you
An awful lot of one of those

You see, my grandmother was worth quite a bit of cash
And I say ‘was’ because, unfortunately
She seems to have disappeared

It’s possible that she’s buried in the garden out back
By the beanstalk
But who can say?

Her nightgown’s lying in bed
And it does have a bit of blood on it
But I suppose that could be
From some wild animal
Breaking in here and eating her

Like I said to that little pig

---There’s a wolf on the loose

As you can imagine
I’d be heartbroken
If anything happened
To my poor little old granny

Plus, just think how it would look
If she died while I was away from home
Visiting with her

Especially when you consider the fact
That alllllll her money has gone missing

What a shame

You know, she was planning on leaving all her money
To charity?

Hahaha isn’t that sweet?

Too bad it looks like it’s not going to happen

Gosh, what a scene this is

Blood, missing money—and granny’s youngest relative
Sitting right in the kitchen
In front of a carnivorous wild animal
Eating a plate of bacon

Well, some people might consider this
To be downright suspicious

But, I’m sure there’s a perfectly good explanation

Like maybe I was visiting grandmother
And we were having a lovely time
Eating a nice breakfast of bacon
And juice or something

And in through the door
Stormed a Big Bad Wolf
Who proceeded to eat up Grandmother
Right in her bed
Ripping her nightgown to pieces

All the while I was cowering in fear
Totally in shock

So as soon as the Wolf
Was done with Grandmother
He walked over to me
And popped me in his mouth
Like a tic tac

Then he grabbed all the money in the house
So he could go buy himself
Oh, I don’t know
Some more of the bacon
Like the kind sitting in the fridge
Or a ham sandwich
Or a whole pig farm

Then he high-tailed it out of there
Never to be heard from again

Now, that sounds like quite a story, doesn’t it?

But believable

A story people will want to talk about
For a long, long time

Nobody wants to talk about
An ungrateful little girl
Axing her grandmother
When she finds out
That her inheritance is going
To the Help Homeless Dwarves Fund
Now do they?

So here’s what I’m thinking

You finish up that bacon
Then help yourself to the rest in the fridge
Then when you’re done
You can go out in the backyard
And dig up Granny for desert

Don’t worry
I found some Tupperware to put her in
So she’s nice and fresh

And lying right next to her
Is twenty percent
Of all the cash I found in the house

Plenty of money to start that pig farm

While you’re digging
I’ll be on my way to Bermuda

By the time somebody stumbles upon this house
You can be halfway to somewhere even nicer
Like Hawaii or Narnia or something

So what do you say, Mr. Wolf?

Feel like helping a poor wittle girl
Make all her dweams come twue?

Aw, look at you scratching the hair
On your chinny chin chin

I think you like this idea

Now
Let me go find you
A shovel

No comments:

Post a Comment