Monday, September 12, 2011

A Blind Man's Umbrella

You know

Sometimes I'm like a blind man
And you're like a blind man's umbrella

You're always above me
Even when it's sunny

I can't always feel it raining
So sometimes
I forget to appreciate
What it is above my head
That's keeping me dry

But every now and again
A drop of rain
Gets by

And I feel it splash against me

So it's raining, I think

Huh

How about that?

Then I run my hands up
Under you
And feel your presence there

And I'm glad I'm dry
And I know why I'm dry
And I know you're getting soaked
So I keep walking on
Without worrying
About what's going on around me

You let me be a blind man
Even if it means
Not always seeing you

But I do, you know

I do know you're there

And I care, I do
I care

So thank you
For taking
All that I couldn't take

And making me think
That it's gorgeous out

All the time

Because since you're mine

It kinda, sorta
Always

Is

No comments:

Post a Comment