Saturday, May 30, 2009

Buy Yourself Flowers

You want flowers?
Flowers?
From a man?
That's what you want

Because I can buy you flowers
Oh, I can buy you a bouquet
A big one with roses
With whatever you want
If that's what you want

But I'm not a man
So you don't want those flowers
Do you, honey?
Do you?

Do you want flowers from Roy?
Roy don't like you like that either
Oh, he loves you because you're his best friend
But you don't want his flowers
Do you?

I could get everybody in this town
To send you flowers
And you wouldn't care
Because you wouldn't be getting flowers
From the moron you want flowers from
Would you, honey?

Roy, turn down the music
I'm trying to talk to Lulu
And she's not listening as it is

She wants flowers
Like it'll prove something
Like she can cart her flowers around
Take 'em to the houses
Of all the other girls
Competing for that moron

Going--

Look at my flowers!
LOOK AT MY FLOWERS!
I have flowers from HIM!
That means something!

And it doesn't mean SHIT

Flowers grow all over the place
He can pour out that shit of his
And flowers can spring up from it
And those are the flowers you want?

The roses won't even smell like a roses
They'll just smell like bullshit
'Cause that's what they'll grow out of

You want him to come over here
With a bunch of bullshit
That you'll have to put in a vase
And work hard at keeping alive
Like you're working at keeping him
And in the end
You're going to lose it all

Plus me
Plus Roy
Plus yourself
And anything else
That doesn't fit in that vase

Flowers are a losing battle
But you want 'em, huh?
Because you just love
You just LOVE losing battles

Never met someone
Who liked losing
And losers
As much as you, Lulu

I won't talk you out of it
You want flowers
Want him

You want him?
Want him

You want me to go away
I'll take Roy
And we'll be on our way

But let me tell you this
If you want flowers
Honey, you better go get 'em

You better buy yourself flowers
Because the only ones he's sending
He's sending to someone else

Let's go, Roy

No comments:

Post a Comment