Sunday, May 24, 2009

His Tattoos

I never liked guys with tattoos
But his tattoos
I don't know

...Something about his tattoos

They look like handprints
Permanently marking him
Saying that this
This is a man you keep
This is a man you hold
This is a man you hold onto

I like touching his arms
Touching where they are
Trying to feel the lettering
Like it could pop up a bit
And I could run my hands
Over the 'B's and the 'E's
And the pleasing way
They make his arms
Feel around me

I love to kiss the gaps
Between the images
And the skin

I love to mark it with my mouth
Knowing it won't melt away
Knowing he'll still be there
Knowing he's permanent

I love tracing my fingers
Over the places he's marked
Seeing the art on his body
On the art that is his body

I never dated a guy with tattoos
But I see his tattoos
And I want him to get more
I want to see the invisible lines
The hands of perfection
Stenciled out on him

I want to see guiding arrows
That direct me to new places
Places on him that I want to touch
And ways to touch those places
And days to do it

I want to see paint by numbers
I want to see portraits
I want to see my name
Tattooed out on him

I want to be something
That stays with him
Stays a part of him

I want to be constantly staying
With him

I want to kiss my name
On his skin

I never dated a guy with tattoos
But then again
I never met a guy
With his tattoos

I think that's what it is

No comments:

Post a Comment