Wednesday, October 28, 2009

High and Mighty

Hey everybody

Stop the presses

Look who's high and mighty

Can you see him?

He's up so high now
I'm worried we'll miss him
Worried he'll fly right over us

Because he's got a man

He's got a good man now
Doesn't need to bother with us

The single folk

Even worse

The VOLUNTARILY single folk

Sluts of the earth
Oops, I mean salt

That's us, right?

Before he gets too high, though
I feel that I should remind him
That back when he liked the gutter
We took great care
Not to squash him underneath
The soles of our shoes

That when he would throw up
We were the ones sitting next to him
Not telling him 'I told you so'
Regarding his last three drinks

That when the first three good men
Stopped calling for no reason
We stopped by to cheer him up
With bad movies and black licorice

That before he learned to fly
He used to like crawling around with us
Maybe he doesn't like the smell
Of the tarmac anymore

Maybe he's for the stars now
And not the kids covered in tar

Maybe he thinks diamonds
And men who say they love you
And relationships statuses
And promises
And good men
Are all forever

He knows it all now
Because he can see it all
From his throne on the clouds

Well High and Mighty
Good for you

I'm going to salute you
By getting you a pillow
And I'm going to get myself
A good seat

Because sweetheart
That is going to be one hell
Of a fall

No comments:

Post a Comment