Friday, October 30, 2009

Someone's Gonna Love You

Someone's gonna clean you up
When you get yourself messy
But I don't see me
Being your mop anymore

I don't see myself
On the floor, on my knees
Getting treated like a night shift
Thrift store janitor

Someone's gonna clean you up
But it won't be me

Someone's gonna tie you down
When you fly too high
But I don't see me
Holding tight anymore

I don't see myself
On the ground, looking up
Getting pulled at by my string
Wringing my hands
Hoping you don't come down
Too hard

Someone's gonna break your fall
But it won't be me

Someone's gonna drive you home
Drunk from parties
Someone's gonna pay your bills
Will you stop doing
All the shit that you're doing

Someone's gonna take the hit
And come back for more
Someone's gonna be your mother
Your confessor
And your whore

Someone's gonna choose you
Before they choose themselves
But something's telling me
You're looking
In the wrong direction

For the protection you seek
To be the dick that you are

For a sense of security
And a well-kept car

Someone's gonna clean your rugs
Fill your tires, change your oil
Scrub you down 'til you're clean
Then boil you in rain

Someone's gonna take it all
The pain and the nonsense
The heartache and breaking glasses
And won't pass on one bit of it

They'll see themselves doing it
And they'll like what they see

Someone's gonna love you
But it won't be me

No comments:

Post a Comment