Thursday, October 29, 2009

This Must Be A Dream

We're wearing white t-shirts
And blue jeans, and sneakers
And sitting on a dock
That overlooks green grass
Instead of blue lake water

This must be a dream

You're apologizing
So it must be my dream
I'm not talking
So it must be your dream

We're not screwing up
This must be a dream

Every word you say
Is chosen perfectly
And it lands on me softly
Just enough to register
But not to leave a mark

Every time I look at you
You lean over and kiss me
Leaving me to believe
That you're not going to leave this time
That I can't push you away
No matter how hard I try

Every crash and crazy element
Hovers around us
But we're protected by our certainty
By our ambition
Now trained on each other
To make this thing go
And never stop going

You're not infuriating me
So this must be my dream
I'm not being guarded
So this must be your dream

We're happy
We're safe
We're together

So this must be a dream
But whose dream it is...

I suppose that depends
On who wakes up first

No comments:

Post a Comment