Sunday, October 18, 2009

Melissa Adams Gets a Tattoo

Do you do words?
Can I have some words?
I don't care if they mean anything
It might be cooler if they don't

Maybe you could just pick any three words
Put them together
And tattoo them on me

But pick poignant words

Like--

'Lady' 'Elegant' 'Mystical'

What's that?

Is that Sailor Moon?
Can that go on me?
I've never watched Sailor Moon
But I've always wanted to
And getting it tattooed on me
Might be just the initiative I need

How about a rose?
Would that be too typical?
I don't want to be typical
I want to be original
So maybe a black-eyed Susan then?
A rhododendron?

Do you get a lot of shrubbery requests?

Can you do special effects?
Like, can I get a pumpkin
That turns into a carriage?
Like Cinderella?

How about a frog that turns into a prince?
Or a diamond that turns into a rough?
Or from a rough
Something that signifies rough

How about the word 'rough' that turns into a diamond?
And then two more random words?
Can you do that?

I just want something that says I'm daring
Do you know what I mean?

I've been dating and dating and dating
And I always seem to lose out
To these girls with tattoos
And piercings
And clothing that only covers enough
To keep them from getting arrested

And I always hear the same thing

'They just want to sleep with those girls
They don't want to marry them'

Well, apparently
The men have figured out
That there are enough girls out there
That just want sex
So now they're not marrying--

ANYBODY

I'm of the 'if you can't beat 'em' persuasion
So sign me up

Put a moon or a star
Or a kitten or a watermelon on me
So that I can go pierce an eyebrow
And put on a napkin
Like it's a sweater

I'm through trying to be the marrying kind
Now I'm going to be the kind of girl
Who has fun
Gets drunk
And giggles at every joke she hears

So here you go
Here's an arm
Here's a hip
If you can get me a drink
I might consider letting you
Mark up my nipple region

Just do what you have to do
To change who I am

Three random words
And I'm a brand new woman

No comments:

Post a Comment