Saturday, October 10, 2009

I'm Just Going to Keep Standing Here

I've made a decision

I'm just going to keep standing here
Until you fall in love with me

That's right
I'm a Zax
Like in Dr. Seuss

I'm just going to stand here
Not facing North
Not facing South
But facing your heart

I figure if I stand here long enough
Through the snow
Through the rain
Through the inevitable cramping

You'll see that I love you
More than anyone else
Possibly could

No matter who you meet
While I'm standing here
You'll think--

"Yeah, but would they stand in one place for me forever like Jack did?"

And I won't sit down
And I won't get a chair
And I won't do squats
And I'll take very limited bathroom breaks

I'm just going to keep standing here
Not eating
Not drinking
Not sleeping

...Okay, well maybe sleep will be out of my control

But I'll give it my best shot

Eventually I'll die
But I'll die in an act of love
And no matter how crazy you think I am
The world will think I'm poetic
And they'll always look at you
And wonder why you couldn't just love me

I'm just going to keep standing here

Because honestly...

I don't know what else to do

No comments:

Post a Comment