Sunday, October 18, 2009

I'm Gonna Wait for Snow

I'm gonna stand here, Ma
I'm gonna stand all day
I'm gonna put my hands on my hips
And sass and skip my classes
Cause it's gonna snow

I know it's gonna snow

I'm gonna wait for it to break
I'm gonna wait for the sky to separate
I'm gonna dance around
Like a rain dance
But with snow

Just for snow

I'm gonna reach up nice and high
And tickle the clouds with my fingers
And I'm gonna go up to the top of the slide
And not come down
Until it snows

I don't care what month it is
I don't care if I have to shovel
I don't care if it makes me cold

I'm gonna hope for it

I'm gonna hope
I'm gonna sit
I'm gonna wait

Gonna wait and wait and wait

I won't wait for George to like me
I won't wait for him to stop liking Abby
And notice I'm here

I have glasses
And he doesn't like
Girls with glasses

That's why I won't wait

I won't wait for my teacher to call on me
Or get the lead in the school play
Or have you ask me about my day
And not sound like you don't really wanna know

I'd rather wait for something
That has to, just has to happen

So I'm gonna wait

I'm gonna wait for snow

No comments:

Post a Comment