Sunday, October 18, 2009

Let Me Know When You've Had Enough

When you've had your last fight
When him being right stops getting on your nerves
When staying up at night after a screaming match
Because you can't sleep
Because you can't keep going like this
When it all seems too much to patch up

Let me know
Let me know when you've had enough

When you stop believing
You can work it out
When you're about five ounces down
And the light switch flicks off

When the pieces all seem
Too small to pick up
And the order's too tall
And you're too drunk...again

When you wished that instead of a stranger
You'd chosen a friend

Let me know
Let me know when you've had enough

When the bruises stay bruised
And the words won't wash out
When the sorries dissolve
But end up bubbling back

When the lack of affection
And rejection for the things
You're trying to bring to the table
End your stable mindframe

When you finally get
That there's no more to gain

Let me know
Let me know when you've had enough

And when you're finally able
To stop telling yourself
That there's nobody else
Who could make you feel better

Who could make the work worth it
And give you as much
As they're willing to take

When you see that sometimes to fix it
It just has to break

Then you let me know, okay?

Let me know
When you hit that day
And I'll just be here

I'm here
And I'll wait

No comments:

Post a Comment