Monday, October 5, 2009

Martin Likes to Levitate

Martin, we have rules

Do we not have rules?
Are there not rules in this house
For the benefit of all who live here
And may or may not be startled
By the sight of a little boy levitating
In the living room?

Don't mind him
It's just something he does

I don't know where he learned it from
Probably the tv
Probably some show on cable
I keep telling Dan we need to cancel HBO

No, he's really levitating
It's not ropes
It's not cords
It's not drugs

And quite frankly, as long as it's not drugs
Why not let him do it, right?

I mean, you can't go nuts
Over every little thing

I remember the first time he did it
At first I screamed
Then when I realized he wasn't high on anything
I calmed down and made dinner

You just learn to live with this stuff

Isabella went invisible for an entire week
Now, THAT was stressful

Has your daughter ever gone invisible?

Let me tell you something
If not for the fact that a kidnapper would return her
In under five seconds
I never would have known she was still here

Then when Elijah started firing laser beams
From his fingers--

Well, Martin, comparatively
Is an angel

Pardon the pun

I realize he's five feet in the air

But he's quiet

And you know
When they're quiet like that
You just gotta leave 'em alone

No comments:

Post a Comment