Saturday, October 3, 2009

Jalopy

You think I'm getting in there?

Getting myself all rusty
Is that a parakeet in the front seat?
Do you have to wind this thing up?

I hope you're not saying
You're here to pick me up
In this jalopy

Because I do NOT ride in jalopies

I am not a grouchy muppet
I am not a Beverly Hillbilly
And I am not a victim
Of the Great Depression

So you'd better turn around
Go find something that doesn't have an engine
With a little gerbil running around in it

I'm sorry
I'm sorrrrrrrrrry

But I am not getting in that car

No way
No way in Hell

What if my friends saw us in that thing?
What am I supposed to tell them?
That we're on our way to a costume party
That we're going as the Flintstones?

I'm going back in the house
I'm going right back in
And I'm pretending you didn't even show up

I'd rather be ditched
That you have think
I would ride around
In your jalopy

No comments:

Post a Comment