Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I'm Not Interested in Your Dysfunction

Did somebody ask to read your diary?
Did somebody ask to live with you?
Did somebody ask to know everything
About every detail
Of your life?

All that being said
I wouldn't mind hearing it
If it had anything about it
That I haven't heard before

But as it is I'm bored
I'm bored with your problem
I'm bored with your patterns
I'm bored with your pretense
And your rationale

I'm not into hearing about
How bullies beat you up in school
Or how your childhood sucked
Or how girls don't like you

What do you want me to do?

Listen?

I can't listen anymore
My ears are about to jump off my head
And head for the hills

If you were as interesting
As you think you are
You wouldn't need me to listen

You'd have people flocking to you
Begging you for more intricate traces
Of your daily life

Why don't you take all that shit
And turn it into something useful

Why don't you smile and suck it up
Like the rest of us do?

Why do you think you're so interesting
And more importantly
Why would you think I think
You having a screw loose
Is interesting

Guess what, buddy?

I'm not interested in your dysfunction

No comments:

Post a Comment