Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Please Don't Let Me Love Him

Please don't let this happen
Please stop making me think
That this can happen
Because it cannot happen
I won't let it
I just won't let it happen

I see his picture
I see it and I think things
I convince myself of things
That aren't true
That are NEVER going to be true

I tell myself that life is long
I mean, it's short
But it's also long in the sense
That there are many possibilities
That nothing is ever entirely ruled out
But then I really think about it
And I know...

This man will never love me

I say it to myself
And I can feel something quake
Inside me, I can feel it
Take me down
To this really horrible place
Where it's not just him that won't love me
It's the ability to be loved

It's feeling like he'd have to love me
For anybody to love me at all
And it's scary
It's incredibly scary

So please
Please don't let me love him

Don't let me talk myself into this
Don't let me think this is normal
Don't let me let someone else
Get inside my head like this

Just let go easy on myself
Just once

Please

No comments:

Post a Comment