Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Bible Study and Hennessy

If you look at what it's saying here
Well, it's...

I mean it's saying about love
You know?

Love, it's talking about
Why it's okay because it's love

I mean, I can't find--
You know you're asking me for...

I'm not a Bible expert, you know?
I'm not saying...

Can I have a drink?

Yeah, just the Hennessy is fine
I just can't think straight

No, I'm not going to think straight drunk
But one drink isn't going to make me--

Okay, two drinks, four, whatever
I'm nervous, okay?

Because I'm worried about you
Because I'm worried you think it's...

And yeah, I know the parts about it being--
I know those parts

But there are more parts about love, right?
Aren't there more parts about love?

Yeah, I know--
Well, I meant, not like, actual love

Just love like positive good feelings
Like, universal good energy love

Like, uh...fuck...sorry...I just...

Can I have that drink, please?
Thank you

. . . . .

Are you saying you don't?
Are you saying you don't think that this is...

Because I do
I do

I mean, I'm scared
I'm totally fucking--sorry--scared

But what...uh...you know?
Like what?

Yeah, I'm a little drunk, so what?
So what?  Okay?  So what?

I really--I...

Yeah!  Yeah, I do!  I do!  Fuck!

. . . . .

And fuck you too

. . . . .

I'm not coming here anymore

I'll still see you if you want
If you want to...hang out
Whatever

But I'm not coming here
To do this anymore

I'm not looking through this book
For proof that I'm a sinner
Or redeemable
Or of worth
Or the Devil
Or human

I don't need this book
To tell me who I am

And I'm not going to just open it up
And pick a sentence
And try to determine whether or not
It's telling me that I can love you

That it's...uh...okay, you know?

Because I think it is

I think it is

I think it's okay

And I could pick up Green Eggs and Fucking Ham, sorry, fuck, UGH!

I could pick up War and Peace and do the same damn thing

But really, it's just about what I know
And not letting books
Or people
Or churches
Or anything

Any fucking thing

Tell us this is good or bad

It just...

It's...

I need another drink

I just--I really need another drink

Or you

I could take you or the drink

I mean, it's up to you

You tell me

Do I have to keep being a miserable fucking drunk looking for salvation
Or can I just have you?

Well?

. . . . .

Well, we're out anyway
So...

So yeah

Open up the book one more time

Put your finger down

See what it lands on

Just out of curiosity

It'll be like my fortune cookie
For the road

Go ahead

Do it

. . . . .

What'd you land on?

Huh?

...Wow

That's...

...Wow

Imagine landing on 'love'

Well...

I think this is when you tell me
What you think that means

No comments:

Post a Comment