Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Making Out and Making Up in Kennedy Plaza

Uli, I gotta tell you something

When we were fighting today
I felt everything inside me turn black

It was like my whole soul
Got put in a toaster
For like, way too long

I went into the Starbucks in--

Oh, the Biltmore Starbucks
Not the Hilton Starbucks

So there I was in the Biltmore Starbucks
And it just reminded me of that time we went skating at the ice skating rink
And then got chider at the Biltmore Starbucks
And I got so upset
That I started walking
And I walked all the way to the Thayer Starbucks
But there's never anywhere to sit in there
Plus Thayer always reminds me of when we'd get tortellini pizza at 1am
So then I had to leave and start walking again
And I wound up at the Wayland Square Starbucks
And then I felt kind of better
Until I remembered that I had to catch my bus
And I had to walk all the way down here
And I didn't even remember to get a second chider
Which probably would have reminded me of you and made me upset anyway

God, just kiss me
I'm so fucking internalized right now

All I can hear is my own narration

. . . . .

And then I saw you and it was like kismet

What were the odds we'd both be at Kennedy Plaza
Waiting for the same bus?

I mean I know we used to take the same bus everyday
But you'd think one of us would have stopped after the break-up

Probably you, because I mean, I took the bus first
But whatever

I'm just so glad we finally stopped fighting what cliched people call Fate
And gave into each other

Mmmm, your mouth tastes like clove cigarettes and black licorice

Never leave me again

Unless you end up taking that trip to London
In which case, totally leave me so I don't hold you back
And make you resent me
Just write me letters on dried parchment every week
So we can compile our correspondence one day
For future generations

Did you miss me today?

What did you do?

The Hilton Starbucks?

Jesus, Uli

It's like I don't even know you anymore

No comments:

Post a Comment