Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Finally, Alone

Dear Civilization,

It was nice knowing you

I have achieved my dream

Finally, alone

I was piloting a plane to Indonesia
When suddenly a storm appeared out of nowhere
And the plane took a nosedive

When I woke up
I was laid out on a sandy beach
The soft touch of the ocean
Creeping up to my toes

It was as if nature were trying to wake me

I opened my eyes
And saw palm trees
Tall grass

I heard the sound of animals somewhere in the lush jungle
Silently sleeping in front of me

Waiting, it seemed

And I thought--my first thought, I swear--was:

Finally, alone

You see, I don't like people
Not really

I learned to fly because I wanted to get away from them
Get above them
Try to see how high I could go
Before I could feel the peace
I felt when I opened my eyes
After crashing on the island

So why, you may ask
Am I writing this letter?

It's fairly simple

I don't want to be found

No, this island has no mystical hold on me
No, there are no other fun castaways for me to interact with
No, there isn't any tropical fountain of youth

So far I've found two parrots
A turtle
And some sort of jungle cat
That I'm naming Paul

These are my friends now
And I enjoy them

Please don't organize a search party
Please don't send planes out looking for mine
Please don't waste your time

I'm happy
I'm thrilled, actually
To be finally alone

The quiet here is like quiet nowhere else

There's something pure about it

And at night, the sun goes down into the water
It actually falls lightly, right into ocean
And lights it up
Right before it goes dark
And the stars
The actual stars
Come out to illustrate the sky

I don't want to return to you, Civilization
In fact, I feel sorry for you

I feel like I've won the lottery

It's become my belief
That when I die
I won't be able to tell the difference
Between this
And Heaven

1 comment:

  1. Are you tired of being human, having talented brain turning to a vampire in a good posture in ten minutes, Do you want to have power and influence over others, To be charming and desirable, To have wealth, health, without delaying in a good human posture and becoming an immortal? If yes, these your chance. It's a world of vampire where life get easier,We have made so many persons vampires and have turned them rich, You will assured long life and prosperity, You shall be made to be very sensitive to mental alertness, Stronger and also very fast, You will not be restricted to walking at night only even at the very middle of broad day light you will be made to walk, This is an opportunity to have the human vampire virus to perform in a good posture. If you are interested contact us on Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete