Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Only If I Squint

I can't see it

Richard, I'm looking at it
I can't see it

I mean I can see it
If I squint

Only if I squint

It's a giraffe?

Well, it looks like a giraffe

Richard, I'm looking a giraffe

It's what I'm seeing

Jesus?

No, I certainly don't see Jesus

I mean, I didn't know Jesus
Maybe he had a long neck
But I think I would have read about that somewhere

Richard, I love the painting
I just don't see why you're making me guess
What's in it

If Jesus is in it, great
But can't you just tell me that?

Why are you making me guess?

You know I'm not good at that sort of thing

It used to take me forever to find Waldo

Sweetie, I love that you make art
I just wish you wouldn't let me see it

Is there anything else in it?

Cherries?

Why is Jesus eating cherries?

No, I just figured the giraffe was wearing a ruby necklace

Well, those are some awfully large cherries, Richard

Do they have cherries in Nazareth?

They symbolize what?

Where does it say that?

Well then how was I supposed to know?

Actually, you know
If I squint

It almost looks like he's eating a peach
But not cherries

Only if I squint, mind you

He's standing on a what?

Ohhh...

Well, I THOUGHT that's what it was

Okay, now I see it

It's all making sense now

I wish you'd have pointed that out to me earlier

Now that only thing is clear

It's like a veil has been lifted, Richard
Like a dark veil of art has been lifted
And now I see it

Jesus the Giraffe
His body transformed
So he can reach himself into Heaven
Eating the cherries
That he'd never eat in life
Because his life was cut short

It's clear to me now

Clear as day

Why didn't you point out that he was standing on a step stool?

Gosh, Richard

You make everything so difficult

Ugh, my eyes hurt from all that squinting

Next time just show me the stool first
Before I go blind

No comments:

Post a Comment