Friday, November 26, 2010

Entropy

You left me in a cold room

What did you expect me to do?

Do you not understand how I work?

Am I entropy to you?

Because the trick is--

Nooo, the trick is--

The.trick.is.--

Heat

I need heat

Otherwise I'm mingling with cold water

Feeling great

Feeling right at home

But not changing

Not changing at all

Is this confusing to you?

Is this not making sense?

Because you're acting like you don't understand entropy

And that's what it is

It's entropy

Is that the problem?

Am I--

Am I entropy to you?

Look, just turn up the heat, okay?

And I'll change

I'll be brand new by time you walk back in the room

But don't leave me in the same condition I'm in

Don't keep me in a place where the temperature is the same as the water running through my body

And then wonder why I blend in so well

Don't tell me this isn't making sense to you

There's a lack of something here

A lack of energy

And it's causing me to be the same person I am

Except now I match the walls

And the ceiling

And the water in the glass

Except now I'm fading and yet--still solid

If you really want me to go away

If that's what this is really all about

Then all you have to do

Is find the energy within yourself

To create a new condition, okay?

Okay?

No, I can't explain entropy to you

I lack the ability

To do so

You have to know what it is

To make it happen

That's the major problem

With entropy

No comments:

Post a Comment