Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Watch the Dominos Go Down

She wanted to know
What it was I'd do
To keep you

Well, I wondered myself, John
I really did

Turns out, I'm surprising
Got a little more gumption in me
Than I would have supposed

For example
Would you peg me for the type
To threaten innocent people?

I wouldn't have
Not until your little friend showed up at my door today
While I was holding our son in my arms
Telling me how the plan was
For you two to leave town by Sunday

Was that the plan, John?

Guess what?
Plans changed

Plan is now
You're staying here
And in return
I'm going to return that little baby of hers
Back to her
Safe and sound

Oh, you didn't know she had a baby, did you?
Then again, he wasn't part of the plan either

She was going to leave him here with her mom
And come back and visit from time to time

I found that out when I showed up at her mom's
With a baseball bat

That poor mother of hers
She suffered for that girl

Suffered even more by the time I was done with her
But she just wasn't planning on giving up that baby without a fight

Now, I know she may not give a damn about her son
But I have a feeling you don't want to be responsible
For some little boy going missing
Isn't that right, John?

Well, I guess you could test me
But I think I've already been tested enough
Don't you?

What we have right now
Is a table full of dominos

Touch one
And watch the dominos go down

So I think you better call her
And tell her the plans are off

She's probably at her mother's house right now
Waiting for the ambulance to come
Wondering where her baby is

Tell her you two are through
And then give me the phone
And I'll tell her where her baby is

Afraid I can't tell her where the father is
That's a mystery only God can solve

Just get on the phone
And set all this right, John

Make sure the dominos stay standing

Oh, it is a mess
I'll give you that
But right now at least
It's a standing mess

And it's going to stay standing
So long as you do what's right

I think I hear Junior crying
Guess it's time he got fed
You can't leave a baby hungry for too long, you know

Do you know that?

'Course you do

Now make the call

Good Lord, John
Just think of all the trouble
You could have caused

No comments:

Post a Comment