Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Observations from the Hotel Room Floor

The ceiling is staring at me

That's the first thing I'm sure of

The ceiling is confused by me
And it's disapproving

It's disapproving as we speak

Fuck you, ceiling

Fuck you and the four walls
Holding you up

I'll stick to the floor

I enjoy a hotel room floor

I like the fact
That it was not meant
To be a bed
And yet, occasionally
Someone
Such as I
Someone drunk
Obviously
Makes the decision
To lay down on it

People would say--Oh, it's dirty

Oh really?

Think about what goes on in a hotel room bed
Then think about what goes on on the floor
And you tell me which germs
You'd rather take your chances with?

I'm remaining on the floor, thank you

I am comfortable
I am secure
I am in a world
Where I am no more
Than an inch off the ground

The bed seems impossible to scale at this point

And I have just had sex with a man
And I

And I

And I...

I don't know his name

Met him at a bar
He took me here
We fucked
He took off
I got on the floor

I know what happened in the bed
And I think right now
I need to be on the floor

He

Um

He was fine

He wasn't

It wasn't

But still

The floor

I definitely need to be on the floor

It was an hour ago, I think
Or maybe hours

I think I see sunlight
Breaking in
Through the cheap
Stained curtains
So maybe hours?

And I don't remember...much...of it

Did we use protection?
Did we?
Did we even talk?

Fuck

Fuck

Fuck

Fuck me

This is unbelievable

But I'm not upset

I'm not going to get upset

I'm going to stay cool
And stay calm
And stay here

Right here

On the floor

And when I'm ready
I'll get up

And face life
Standing up again

But not yet

No, definitely

Not yet

No comments:

Post a Comment