Monday, November 8, 2010

What? I Don't Tell You Everything

What? I don't tell you everything

You have no idea what I do on Wednesdays

Well, nothing

I don't do anything on Wednesdays

But you know, I don't think we've ever hung out on a Wednesday
And in the nine years we've been friends
Not once have you ever asked me
What I do on Wednesdays

So there's your answer--nothing

I do nothing

But for all you know
I could go skeet shooting

I could be shooting skeets
And you wouldn't even know it

I've never told you that I put soy sauce on my scrambled eggs
Or that I organize my bookshelf by title font color

I've never told you that I'm terrified of parrots
Or that I once had to go to the hospital
Because I got my fist stuck in a pickle jar
Trying to get out a coin I thought was valuable

...It wasn't

The point is, I don't tell you everything
And that's why I didn't tell you
That eight and a half years ago
I really wanted to stop being friends with you
And I really wanted to start being...

...something else

Because even though I know you
And you know me
And we...

I didn't know

I didn't know what you'd say

So I didn't tell you
And then other stuff started coming up
That I didn't tell you
And before I knew it
I was keeping more
Than I was sharing

But I was still sharing so much
That you thought we had this full disclosure thing going on
And now...we do

So...there's that

Now you got it
You got it all

So...

Is there anything you want to tell me?

No comments:

Post a Comment