Friday, September 18, 2009

The Beanstalk

Is he here again?

AGAIN?

That's twice this week

What does he want now?

Well, tell him we're not home

Tell him I'm not home

Tell him anything
Just make him go away

The what?

The goose?

Is he kidding? Really, though
Is he serious?

He wants the golden goose?

What's he going to do with it?
It's huge
Where's he going to put it?
How's he going to carry it down?

Clearly, he has not thought this through

I mean, I don't care
He can have the goose
It's just taking up space

I was going to sell it in the yard sale anyway
But what if he falls down the stalk
And it lands on him and kills him?

Won't we be liable?

Why does he keep coming here?
Doesn't he have a job?

I knew we should have put up a fence
I mean, I don't know how you fence a beanstalk
But we should have looked into it

No, we can't eat him

...Well...

No! We can't

We gave up eating boys
And raccoons
After the food poisoning incident
Remember?

Just let him take the goose
I'll chase him down the stalk
He'll get scared
And he won't come back

See?

Problem solved

No comments:

Post a Comment