Wednesday, September 23, 2009

You're Going to Have to Hit Me Harder

You're going to have to hit me harder
You're going to have to really lay it on
You're going to have to get it going
If you're going to do it
If you're going to achieve your goal
Your soul purpose for the time we've been together

Whether or not your plan is to break me
To take me to the notch where you're resting
Is going to require besting me at a game
I've learned to play
Really well

So give it a hell of a good shot
Because so far what you've got isn't giving me
Much to shake at

Every time you're up at bat you bunt
And show the runt you are
From far away it's easy to say harsh things
But is that all you can bring to this

This Battle Royale
We've got going on?

I'm determined to smile
I'm determined to keep up this smile
While you paint me
With your frown

You're going to have to hit me harder
If you want me to go down

No comments:

Post a Comment