Tuesday, September 8, 2009

He's In My Suitcase

Isn't he adorable?

I mean, it's creepy
It's unbelievably creepy
But he's cute
So it's cute

Isn't it?

He's in my suitcase

He doesn't want me to leave
And this is how he expresses it

He could have just said, you know
'Please don't leave'

But that's not how he talks
He usually doesn't
Talk, I mean

Instead he just climbed in my suitcase
And I'm not sure...

I mean, I don't know
How to address this

I'm flattered
That he doesn't want me to leave

But I'll only be gone for a week
And we're not really dating
He just keeps showing up at my apartment
Making me chicken
And writing me poems
Using the magnets on my fridge

And I'm impressed
Because I only have, like, six magnets
And he manages to make
Some really interesting messages

Like 'Sticky Popcorn Inside Us Does Love'
And 'Popcorn Needs Love Inside Us'
And 'Sticky Love'

He's really brilliant
And small, petite
That's how he fits inside the suitcase

I've tried to pack around him
Not give him attention
Because that might be what he wants
And he's avoiding communication
Which is very important

I keep bringing up our date
While I'm walking around the house
As if I'm talking to myself

'Boy, that date didn't go well
Good thing we decided to just be friends.
Friends that make chicken for each other
And don't climb inside each other's suitcases.'

My plane to San Diego
Is leaving in about two hours
And he's still in the suitcase

I don't know...

I mean--

Yeah, I don't know

Maybe I should just take him with me
I mean...

He's so cute

No comments:

Post a Comment