Thursday, September 17, 2009

Get in My Suspenders

I like you with my shirt on
I like you with my tie
Hanging low
Down to your legs

I like that you're swallowed up
By the office shirt I wear
When I'm taking meetings
Making me realize
That it's the ugliest shirt I own

And yet you spruce it up
By allowing it
To swallow you whole

I like you in my suspenders

Why don't you get in my suspenders
Why don't you put on my top hat
And pick up my cane
And try to see if you can name
All the places I used to be
Before you were standing here
In front of me asking
If I would stay with you

I like you on my couch
Slouching down with your favorite book
While the sun outside fails to disturb
Your blatant lounging
And scrounging for attention
Only to have you mention my name
While I became solid
Admittedly my game of hard to get
Is not convincing or becoming when faced
With your stunning gaze

I know I can't ask you
To forget everything I said
Because I said it with cement
I said it and set it stone
And it's done

I said I would run
And I don't want to run

I want to get in my clothes with you
And have you snap back my suspenders on me
Snapping me back to adult action

Putting a ring on me
Bringing me up
To where I should be

I know I can't ask you
To get in my bed
Cause instead you'd head out
And I'm about to lose you already

So why don't you steady yourself
And try to remember
Where I left my tuxedo

See if you can beat me
To the back of the closet
And find it before me

See what looks good on you
Because I already know
What looks good on me

No comments:

Post a Comment