Monday, September 28, 2009

Get on the Plane

Get on the plane
Hop on it
And head back to him

Fly to the guy
Who lets you believe
Whatever you want
Even if it's not true

Have your wild, irrational love story
Played out in new surroundings
And tell yourself you love the locale
Just because he's there

Don't care about the fact
That it's easy to love someone
Who isn't there

That air can't argue with you
And you don't want to bicker
Over the phone

Forget that you're alone
Because he chose to go back
And not take you with him

Go jet set to see him
And be with him for another stint
An emotional vacation
Without the trappings of a home
Without the perks either

Go see the jerk
Hell, move if you want to

Here's me
Telling you
That I love you
So I want you
To get on that plane

Because until you get this guy
Out of your system
There is no me and you
And you won't see that
Until you glue yourself to him
And see that nothing sticks

Get on the plane
Cause a week after you do
I'm getting on my own
And I'm coming after you

No comments:

Post a Comment