Friday, September 25, 2009

I'm Gonna Go Down

I'm gonna sink down
Down into the water
Deep down into the depths
Where the bubbles stay on top
And I drop down into the cool

I'll dance with a fool
On the deck of a yacht
When I've got my footing
On the slippery floor
Of the bathtub

I'm gonna let my hands go on
Up to the top to see how the air feels
Steal a few breaths with my fingertips
Then slip back into it

Through the warm layers
Through the tropical part
Past the heart of the space
Where you can trace the run to the drain
And wrap your brain around the way you twirl
When you go into the whirl
And the world dissolves
Into a revolving typhoon

Pretty soon you're sipping
On a dripping wet drink
Thinking you've made it
You're safe in this place

Why go up high
When you can buy all you'll need
From the rubber duck you see walking past you
To the cabana by the dry pool

A space where people sit
And let themselves go un-wet
For a few brief moments
Before diving back in

This is where I need to begin
Here at the bottom
With an eye on the top

And I'll pop up when I'm ready
I'm just not ready
Right now

No comments:

Post a Comment