Thursday, September 3, 2009

Can't Hold a Candle

She can't make you cookies
That are chewy
That are soft
That are pliable

She can make you quiche
But she can't make my cookies
And she can't scrub my pans
And she can't kiss with the soft kinda lips like I can

Can she?

She can't do a jigsaw puzzle with you
Well she can't but she just won't
She don't know anything about your family
And she doesn't care neither

She won't put up with your mother
And your brother won't like her
And good luck with Uncle Chuck
When he tells one of his jokes
Cause she'll choke when he gets to the punchline

But fine, fine, fine
She can be your girl
But she can't hold a candle
She can't hold a candle to me

She can't hold your hand
Make you the man you should be
And would she bother staying up all night
Fighting to keep you writing
When the deadline heat is on?

She'll be gone before too long
And when she is
You won't even miss me
You'll be too busy
Trying not to see
All the dents she left behind

She can't deal
She can't make a good meal
Steal my man, but you know she can't
She can't hold a candle to me

So when you wonder
Don't, because now you know
The blunder you made
Paid all the bills
And you still need me
Because I supplied your electricity

And you're in the dark, baby
Cause the bitch can't hold a candle
Can't hold a candle to me

No comments:

Post a Comment