Monday, September 21, 2009

Cinderella's Not Impressed

What do you think you're doing?

You're going to put that shoe on me now?
Now it gets to go on me
Now that you put it on everyone else's feet?

I don't think so
I really don't think so

I just danced with you last night
And you couldn't even remember my face

You have to go all around the kingdom
Looking to see if you can recognize me
By putting my slipper
On a bunch of nasty toes
To see if it fits

You couldn't remember my eyes?
The small of my back?
The sound of my voice?

It's not like we didn't talk, dumbass

So I got locked in a closet
By that warthog over there

But as soon as I busted out
You still made me put on the damn shoe!

You didn't say 'Oh my God! There she is!'
You treated me like a customer at Payless

What would have happened if my feet were swollen today
From all the times you stepped on my toes
When we were dancing last night?

Huh?

You'd have let me go back to the dust corner
While you went to the next house
And tried shoving my glass slipper
On Betty the Milk Maid?

Ohhhhh nooooooo

I'm going to teach you a lesson, sweetheart
The next time you spend all night dancing with a girl
You get a good look at her

Because the next time you see her
She might not be wearing make-up
And a pretty evening gown

If you thought I was going to look like that
For the rest of my life
Then you obviously don't get out of the palace much

So you go on and take off
And you come back
When you're ready to apologize

Yeah, I know what they call you
But guess what Mr. C?

I'm not impressed

No comments:

Post a Comment