Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Geena Davis and Sigourney Weaver Have Tea

Do you know who's spectacular?
No who?
Valerie Westgate.
Yes, indeed.
She has such a name.
Yes, she does.
Suuuuch a name.
Westgate.
I meant the whole name.
Yes.
Valerie.
Yes.
Valerie Westgate.
It sounds like rain falling.
I like it.
It sounds like a diamond crying.
Poetic.
Sort of like Gorillas in the Mist.
No, nothing like that.
No, I suppose not.

. . . . .

Do you think I was better in Speechless or Cutthroat Island?
Ohhhhh...
I know.
Hard to say.
I know.
They were both so dreadful.
They really were.
Do you know what I loved you in?
The Accidental Tourist?
Never saw it.
Oh.
I loved you in A Thousand Acres.
I wasn't in A Thousand Acres.
Of course you were.
No, I really wasn't.
Who was in that?
Jessica Lange.
No, that's not you.
Michelle Pfeiffer.
That might be you.
But it's not.
No, of course not, but it might be who I was thinking of...
Yes, I suppose.

. . . . .

Are you still taken seriously?
Yes, are you?
No, not really.
What a shame.
Yes, indeed.

. . . . .

Do you have an Oscar?
Yes, do you?
No.
Well that doesn't seem right.
No, I suppose it doesn't.

. . . . .

My father created both The Tonight Show and The Today Show.
No, he didn't!
Yes, he did.
Did he?
Yes.
Does he have an Oscar?
No.
Oh...well...

. . . . .

I'm in M.E.N.S.A.
Are you?
Yes.
What's that?
It's for archers.
That's fantastic.
That was a joke.
But aren't you an archer?
Sort of. I hit a panda bear once.
Did you?
No, that was a lie.
Do you lie a lot?
Constantly.
Tell another one.
All right...I'm Michelle Pfeiffer.
Oh, but you see, I believe that.

. . . . .

Have you read my book?
You wrote a book?
No, that was another lie.

. . . . .

If you were to write a poem that rhyme with your name--
I've already thought about this.
Oh good!
'Mourn Me, Sigourney. Weavers May Find Cleavers...Astute.'
That was beautiful.
Thank you.

I was--
Lying, yes, I assumed.

. . . . .

Why don't we have tea more often?
Because I'm still working.
Oh...yes...I forgot.

No comments:

Post a Comment