Sunday, September 6, 2009

Holy Water

I ain't gonna cleanse you
With my forgiveness
Or my tears

I ain't gonna clear you up
Or clean up all your sins

I ain't gonna change your world
The rock's too hard to shift

I can't keep you clean
Dream your dreams for you
Or ignore you enough
To make you wonder about me
And my dreams

I ain't gonna sit at the station
And wait for salvation in a bright pink train
To come rolling up
And solve my pain like it's a problem
Them and them and them

They know all my problems

And if you're not okay
With me going away today
Then you need to say to stay

Pray to stay
Or go away yourself

Find another shelf to put your lies on
My walls aren't strong enough
To take the nails

Failing at you is not something
I'm interested in doing anymore

Go drown yourself
In a town full of water

Just make sure
It's holy water

No comments:

Post a Comment