Friday, September 25, 2009

The Third Little Pig Stops Being a Co-Dependent

No, I'm sorry
You can't come in

I've been talking about it with my destiny counselor
And there's something I have to say you two

I can no longer support you
Emotionally, financially
Or residentially

I told you that straw
Was not a good material for the house
But you didn't care
Because it was cheap
And that meant you could buy more ecstasy

And now you have to live with that decision

Bro, the only wolf that's chasing you
Is your addiction
And you need to face up to it

I mean, straw, really?
Couldn't you at least have sprung for tin?
Even shantytowns aren't made out of straw

Yes, I see the wolf coming over the hill
But it's not about him right now
It's about you and your problems
And me, and my life
And how you are not going to affect it negatively anymore

As you for, Mr. Sticks and Stones
You could have used a few more stones, huh?

I told you that you should have hired a professional
But apparently I just want to--

'Bring you down with my negativity'

Well, you know what?
My negativity's locked up nice and tight
Right in here with my fireplace
And my brick canopy bed

I know you've always been jealous of me
But the fact that you thought I would deliberately try to sabotage you
Is so hurtful and so--

...You know, I can't
I just can't do this

Yes, I hear the howling
It's probably just my soul
Begging for me to stop talking to you two already

I will no longer allow you two
To be dependent on me

It's not good for you
It's not good for me
And it's not good for the world
To put so much bad energy into it

I know when we moved out of Mom's house
I promised her that I would take care of you two
But I can no longer allow that promise
To break the promise I made myself

And that was to be my own pig
Not some piglet still trying to protect his brothers

I may have your chinny chin chins
But I no longer have your emotional burdens

Those are yours to carry now
Those and those two pillowcases
Which I can only imagine hold what little shreds of you life
You were able to glean
Before your two houses of hurt and neglect
Fell down around you
After being blown to bits
By the manifestation of the destruction
You brought into my life
That is now taking its revenge on you

...Metaphorically speaking, of course

I wish you both the best
And I hope that when 'the big bad wolf' gets to you guys
You'll realize that it's up to you
Whether or not he disembowels you

Because you have control over your own lives
Just like you had control over your own building material

That is your truth
And my truth needs to recognize your truth
And truthfully?
My truth can't handle that right now
So we bid each other farewell

Good-bye, Brothers
And good luck

Honestly, part of me wants to let you in
If only for mother, but--

But I can't
Not by the hair of--

Well, you get the idea

No comments:

Post a Comment