Monday, September 14, 2009

Stronger Than The Devil

If you touch the turtle
You grow spiritual wings
Made of hope and love
And the angels will bury
Their hearts into you!

Isn't that amazing?

My Mom makes me touch it everyday
She keeps it in the closet
And she says that it's a gift from God
Not just the store we stopped in
On the way back from Vermont

My Mom says God wanted us to find the turtle
And now that he has
We'll be free of our earthly bonds

She has an eye for those things
When I was four
She found me on a ferris wheel
Riding by myself
Because my parents had left me there
Because they were from the Devil
And the Devil leaves children alone
Which is the worst thing you can do to a child

So my Mom got me
And took me home wit her
And she said when I would look out windows
The sun would come out
And when I was sick
The clouds would form
And it would pour black rain from the sky

For a long time
I was sick a lot
And Mom said it was because the Devil
Was chasing us
And we had no guardians to protect us
Because God wanted to make us strong
To see if we were stronger than the Devil

That was when we found the turtle
And he's been our protector ever since
We also found a snow globe
And a bumper sticker
And a few small crystals
And they all protect us too

You should touch the turtle
My Mom says not to let anybody
But you're my friend
And I don't want anything to happen to you
So go ahead, touch it

You don't look stronger than the Devil

No comments:

Post a Comment