Friday, September 11, 2009

You Just Might See a Miracle

See me reading your favorite book
See the potential for unlimited conversation
See me nearly fall off the train
See me laugh at myself
See me secretly die inside

See me
Maybe
I don't know

You must might see a miracle

Watch me try to impress a room full of people
Watch one joke work, and one joke tank
Watch me retreat to a corner
Watch me wish someone talked to me first
Watch me leave barely concealing how I hate leaving alone

Watch me
See what you see
And maybe

You just might see a miracle

Take me at my first word and my last chance
Take me with my happiest memory and my worst mistake
Take me with my track record and my demo tape
Take me before you take off
Take a good look before you go

Take it
Shake it up a bit
And if you hit it right

You just might see a miracle

I'm great at pretending I'm fine when I'm not
I'm great at taking on too much and hanging on too long
I'm great at breaking up good thoughts when they join in my head
I'm great at saying 'I'm great' 'I'm fine' 'I'm terrific'
I'm great at being specific when the details aren't defined

Don't mind me
Try finding me
And don't remind me I'm lost

Pay the cost
Play the game
Tame your domesticity

And you just might see
A miracle in me

And if you do
It'll be a miracle

No comments:

Post a Comment