Friday, September 4, 2009

I Know How to Be Adorable

I know how to be adorable
Adorable is easy

I know how to smile
At everything you say
And laugh, but only slightly
At every single joke

I know how to keep my secrets
And be nothing but a listening ear
That hears everything you say
And nods, and nods, and nods

I know how to keep you far enough away
So that you can see me
But know nothing about me
So that you have to shout to me
Anything you want to say

I know how to make you
Put all your dreams on me
And seem to be ideal
Because I avoid being real at all costs
And when I'm lost to you
I really will be lost

I know all the lies you need to hear
I know your fears and how you crave them
How you need them constantly around you
Surrounding you and I
So by the time you realize
That I'm the sum of all of them
The sun has set on us

I know how to be adorable
I know how to be
Everything you'd like me to be
But I'd rather be with someone
Who wants a little bit more

Than adorable

No comments:

Post a Comment