Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Blueberries

I got your blueberries

You wanna try
You wanna try to get 'em
You wanna try my pie?

I got your booze
I got your pills
I got your nastiness
I got your bills paid
Laid out on the bed

Let's roll around on 'em
Let's make love
On our terminated debt

I made you a pie, babe
I dusted it up
From nothing at all

Just like I made up our love
Out of thin air and flour
And I have the power to heat it up
When it needs it

So is that what you need?

Just nod and I'll do it
I got an oven that does magic
And when your tragic new fling
Comes bringing your clothes to my door
I'm gonna turn that whore around
And send her back where she came from
Cause I ain't no bum who sits here all day
Staying high on the used cloud you gave me

Go ahead, baby
Try my pie

See if you can taste the blueberries
Of a woman whose luck is tainted
Painted blue by the blues she's been granted
Severely disadvantaged but not disabled
Able to table your problems
And solve 'em when I'm ready

Hold your spoon steady
Hate for it to slip
And strip your lip down
Right off your face

You like how clean I got the place?

You could put your face
Right into the floor
Then bring your whore over
And do her right here

While I sit here and watch
While I sharpen my knife
While I, your wife, wonder
What blunder I made
To make you trade me in
For a shinkicker who can't lick
The shine on my knee-highs

I could have made this home
For a guy who could see it
I'd be baking my pies
For someone who'd eat 'em

But that's okay, baby
I really don't mind

'Cause you're here now
And you're going to give my blueberries
A try

And they might taste like honey
And they might taste like nails
And they might taste like my tears
And they might taste like strychnine

Or they might just taste fine

But true to form
I'm going to hang back
And do what's right

I'm going to let you
Have the very first bite

No comments:

Post a Comment