Tuesday, September 22, 2009

This Ain't a Schoolroom, And I Ain't Your Teacher

I'm not here to teach you math
I'm not here to work on your kissing
I'm not missing you at two
When the last bell rings
And you're bringing work home
For me to do

This ain't a schoolroom
And I ain't your teacher

I'm not here to get you past
Your past or present dilemma
I'm not here for your long division
Dividing up the parts of you
That need to be tended to

I'm not here for your geography
Trying to find the places
That feel good on me

I'm not here for your sociological experiments
Denting my time with your lack of rhyming ability
Your utilities shut down as each bill check bounces
Trouncing me with your inadequate vocabulary

This ain't a schoolroom, honey
And I ain't your teacher

I'm not here to show you rocks
Or let you know where on my body
You can find my--

My oh my
You sure like to cry
Over why I'm being this way

It's not okay for you to show up late
I'm not taking attendance to see if you're here
Only to find out you're roaming the halls
You've got balls being everywhere
When here is where I need you

I wish you had aced this
I wish you had it nailed
I may be just your lover
But guess what?

You just failed

No comments:

Post a Comment