Saturday, September 12, 2009

Gravy Train

Next stop, chop shop
You're getting off

Nobody hikes on my caboose
Nobody gets loose on my watch
Nobody gets a nickel from me
Nobody rides a train for free

And you ain't gonna ride my gravy train
And you ain't gonna hitch your bad luck to my good star
And you ain't gonna bitch to me
About your limited opportunity
Because how you gonna be anything to be
If you're stuck on my gravy train?

You ain't gonna sign my checks for me
You ain't gonna sell my sex for me
You ain't gonna climb my ladder
Cause you're badder at running fast than me
You better learn to get past me, baby
Cause you ain't gonna climb up on my back
To help you get around the track

And you ain't gonna wear my clothes
And you ain't gonna talk
Like somebody who knows
More than I know
About my own self

And you ain't gonna nose around
In all my business
Put your name on my conductor
What do I look like?
Your latest sucker?

Choo choo, baby
That means you're going
The hobo express stops here
And there you go
Right out of my car

Make sure the ground
Don't hit you too hard

And if you really don't wanna make your own way
Just wait around here
Somebody else's gravy train
Should be by any day

No comments:

Post a Comment