Sunday, September 27, 2009

They're Gonna Root For Us

I have this amazing idea

I'm going to have a camera crew
Follow us around

Because you don't believe me

Because you don't believe
That we are meant
To be the nation's new favorite couple

So I'm going to prove it to you
I'm going to prove it
By using the age-old method
Of popular opinion

Otherwise known as mass peer pressure

I'm going to get us a show
A primetime show
Something with water cooler potential

And every Monday morning
People are going to talk
About how we should be together

They're going to hate everyone you date
If who you're dating isn't me
They're going to boo at you
Every time you go out on a date
And it isn't with me

They're going to write mail
Tons and tons of mail
They're going to shut down the mail system
Trying to convince you
That you and I are meant to be

They're gonna root for us
The whole country
The whole amazing world
Is going to hope for us
As much as I hope for us

And then you'll have to give me another look
You'll have to imagine
That as stupid as I can be
And as many mistakes as I've made
That maybe there's something to me
If all these people see us together

And if all those people want to see us happen...

Maybe you'll want to see it too

No comments:

Post a Comment